Full Time Design Expert: Furniture
Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associates have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability through the use of creative selling skills, teamwork and customer service, in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
- Actively listen to and engage customers, using appropriate selling skills to match the customer's needs, and ensure their decisions build long-term relationships.
- Motivate self to stay accountable to individual sales and service goals, as determined by store management.
- Keep customer well informed about orders and any status changes; update notes on customer sales to keep sales associates informed, remaining attentive to customer needs.
- Support and actively utilize customer acquisition methods available to the store.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers, as well as prospect for new customers.
- Communicate company loyalty services, when applicable.
- Develop, share and apply product expertise by staying informed with the marketplace and industry trends.
- Maintain knowledge of all product information, intranet communications, and current advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Maintain sales floor coverage and follow posted schedules with regard to area assignments.
- Assist the sales manager with ensuring furniture product and displays are maintained per the sales floor maintenance guidelines.
- Maintain flexibility with schedule to meet the needs of the team and overall business.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate customer feedback to store management team concerning policies and/or product requests, problems and suggestions.
- Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources for training and development, and actively participate in self development and growth through company resources.
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to build/maintain a client base and provide creative furnishing solutions for customers' needs
- Previous retail and commissioned sales experience a plus
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
The job description and other aspects of the job listed in this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Required Education: High school or equivalent
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 7:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Canada Day - July 1, 2019 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Civic Holiday - Aug. 5, 2019 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Labour Day - Sept. 2, 2019 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Thanksgiving Day - Oct. 14, 2019 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2019 12:00pm - 6:00pm