Guest Services Representative at Southgate centre
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com
), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com
Enthusiastically and consistently delivers on the Ivanhoe Cambridge mission of "Continually striving to surprise and engage the consumer and retailer by consistently delivering a superior customer experience." Committed to providing an exceptional Customer Experience. The Guest Services Representative must ensure every customer interaction is carried out in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the shopping centre's services, amenities/facilities, stores/locations, promotional activities and comfort tools;
- Proactively seek opportunities to create memorable customer interactions assist customers and provide excellent service;
- Assist the Guest Services Supervisor with developing strategic plans and tactics for improving customer service offerings for shoppers, retailers and contractors;
- Constantly strive to improve and build upon the centre’s service and seeks new ideas to incorporate into service menu;
- Interact with shoppers and retailers in a courteous and efficient manner;
- Sell shopping centre gift cards and balance sales to transactions;
- Drive gift card sales.Understand sales performance/key trends and communicates pertinent information to management and Guest Services staff;
- Projects a positive attitude over the telephone and in person;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with retailers and educate them about the centre's services;
- Assist guests by providing directions/information, answering questions, and performing other centre specific services such as parcel carry-out and store escorts;
- Assist with the tracking, analyzing and reporting of all customer service programs;
- Empower and motivate Guest Services teams to create memorable customer experience and interactions;
- Maintain store knowledge about merchandise, price points, sales or special events to be able to offer gift or store suggestions based on the shopper's needs;
- Assist with promotional events in the areas of ballot distribution/collection/sorting, GWP's, special event ticket sales, etc.;
- Act as delegate to facilitate Meet & Greets with group tours;
- Assist Guest Services Supervisor with tracking inventory and advising when stock needs to be re-ordered;
- Be aware of the centre's Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Services role and areas of responsibility as outlined in the plan;
- Able to develop schedules and prepare timesheets as needed;
- Participate in special projects and assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school education;
- Previous customer service experience preferred;
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide excellent customer service;
- Must be able to effectively communicate with shoppers, retailers, centre Management, Service Providers and all of the shopping centre personnel;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of professionalism;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, multilingual skills a plus;
- Conflict resolution/management skills;
- Must be friendly, approachable, proactive and solution focused;
- Excellent computer skills (including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Flexible and able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume online at: www.ivanhoecambridge.com
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers
, 100 Top Employers
and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.